Thursday, September 27, 2007

First episode of Georgia Traveler Season 2

And my first episode, ever. I'm Keely Muse. What are my credentials for hosting a travel show? Well, I've been the series producer for Georgia Outdoors for almost 8 years. That is a lot of traveling across Georgia. I've come to know this state really really well. And I love it. The coast is a favorite. The mountains are fabulous. And all of it just a few hours from my home base in Atlanta.

This first episode was a great experience. We traveled down US 17 from Savannah to Darien. My stops were Tybee Island and Sapelo Island. On Tybee I visited the High Tide Surf Shop to try my hand at paddle surfing. When I orginally booked the shoot I'd asked Tim Malins, the owner, about kite surfing. But he suggested paddle surfing and it was a great idea. In the weeks before the shoot I saw images of people paddle surfing everywhere. From People Magazine to Outside Magazine. So it must be a hot sport right? I don't supose it will give too much away to say I don't look like a professional. But it was a lot of fun. And I will definitely do it again.

I took Phil with me to Sapelo because it is one of my favorite places in the world and I wanted to share it with someone. I love introducing a new places to friends and family. There is so much I could write about Sapelo but I don't want to spoil the surprise. Watch Georgia Traveler on Friday at 9PM. I'll come back later to post links and extra information.

No comments: